Thursday, December 30, 2010

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the new home of The Eclectic Dragonfly!

After struggling for several months with the almost unusable advertising saturated and no longer even remotely enjoyable experience that the former host of The Eclectic Dragonfly had become, I have finally decided that it is time to move on.  The original site is still up, and I am actively engaging in archiving all of the writing and comments that were posted 'over there.'  I do not expect to be posting much 'over there' any more, except to maintain some degree of activity for the duration of the archiving process.  Mainly to keep the site from going dark prematurely.

Hopefully this new incarnation of the Dragonfly will become all that the original was only better.

I truly believe that we are living through one of the most incredible and important moments in the history of the world, politically, economically and socially.  Here in the United States of America we have both an administration and a head of our national central bank that seem hell-bent on destroying our nation's economy.  We are a nation at war.  A war we did not ask for, but one that was forced upon us.  We also are engaged in another war that I do not believe was truly justified.  At least not by the arguments of the previous administration that got us into it.  We are a nation with a government that has not bothered to secure our boarders.  Instead they spend huge sums of cash that was confiscated from the citizenry through taxation on what is at best kabuki theater and at worst the intentional violation of our civil rights as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.  Protections that were put in place by the framers of our Constitution with the intent of preventing exactly the kind of warrant-less and I believe intentionally humiliating searches that agents of our government are conducting even now at airports all across our nation.

Those are the sorts of topics I tend to cover in my writing - some would say ranting - here at the Dragonfly.  I will no doubt also be rambling on about other things that manage to grab my interest.  You never know what you may find on these pages, but you can get a sample if you check out what's been posted over at The (Original) Eclectic Dragonfly.  Keep in mind that things are posted in reverse chronological order and that as my dissatisfaction with having to wait through pop-over commercials grew (often before I could even log in!) my posting became rather sparse.  Hopefully that trend will reverse itself here at the New and Improved Eclectic Dragonfly!

Once again, Welcome Aboard!  Now please return your seats to the upright position, stow your tray-tables and fasten your seat belts.  I expect it's going to be a bumpy ride!

No comments: