Monday, November 7, 2011

I bought a boat!

Actually, I mentioned that in last night's post abut the flea market.  I spent quite a while re-rigging her after the mess she was in when I first saw her at the flea.  I actually started untangling the mess even before I bought her. Being in the state she was in, combined with it being the last day of the year, I got her for a steal!  All of ten bucks got me all of this boat!  I suspect the seller might have given some consideration to my sounding like I knew a little bit about boats.  And that I seemed enthusiastic about this one in spite of her condition.

I didn't have a camera with me yesterday to take a before picture and I struck the mast to transport her home in my little VW so I couldn't take one after we got home.  I also still need to make a custom display cradle for her.  Once I do she will be displayed in the front window in the living room.

Here's a preview with her hanging from the chain that is holding a nice red glass candle holder in the window at the moment.



With the proper bracket she will be positioned (and supported) much better. 

I've always been intrigued by gaff rigged boats.  Now I have one!  (Sort of...)

No comments: