Sunday, January 29, 2012

From the Earth to the Moon


I did some shopping at one of my favorite stores today.  I picked up a few things.  A couple of books and a couple of videos.  One of the videos was a complete set of the HBO mini-series From the Earth to the Moon on VHS tape.  After watching tape one which contains episodes one and two I have to give this the highest possible rating.  If the rest of the series is even half as good as what I have seen thus far it is worthy of your tracking it down to add to your video collection.

Now I admit that I am coming to this party rather late.  You see, I had this little dispute over a bill with my local cable company a while back.  Long about the beginning of the fifth season of Babylon 5 as a matter of fact.  That’s when I told the cable company to …  well, lets just say I used a few “colorful metaphors” and the expense of an over priced cable bill left my life for good.  So I didn’t see this series when it first ran on HBO.  I don’t know that what they are charging for cable these days is worth the price, but this series is worth tracking down on tape.

That’s my two cents and I’m sticking with it.

But I am not about to sign up for cable…  I waste enough time as it is on the internet!

No comments: