Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Krazy Kontraptions: Steadicam®


One of my favorite toys is my Steadicam® JR (pronounced “Steady-Cam Jay Are”).  I haven’t used it in a long time because I was having problems with the camera that’s mounted on it.  This very afternoon at lunch I ordered a few things from Amazon.com that will let me referb my rig and mount my much newer and better camera.  (Since it’s now discontinued I figured I’d better grab the stuff while it’s still available!)  Hopefully I’ll be posting some cool videos of my own before too awfully long.

In the mean time, here’s an interview with Garret Brown demoing a couple of the big rigs:





YouTube can be such a fun place to loose an entire evening!


PS: Just out of curiosity: Can someone please explain to me how the New & Unproved interface and composition tools (that make it damn near imfuckingpossible to do ANYTHING creative – even simply embeding a couple of YouTube videos – without resorting to raw HTML coding) is an improvement?  Cause I ain’t seeing it!  Word to the wise, guys, I already bailed on LiveJournal when their interface became unusable.  You need to fix this yesterday!

No comments: