Monday, September 24, 2012

And this passes for main-stream reporting?


 In a story updating a tragic accident we find this:


According to a release from the department, Gary A. Garafola, of 3 Ripple Road, was struck and killed while walking his dog just after 5 p.m.


Two “paragraphs” down (actually, after a run-on sentence pretending to be a paragraph) we find this:


Calls to a number listed for Garafola went unanswered Sunday afternoon.


NO SHIT!  He’s kind of busy being dead right at the moment!  You might want to try back after the resurrection.

I mean no disrespect to the deceased’s family and friends in their time of grief.  But I do find this reporter calling his house to be – I’m at a loss for words!  Feel free to insert your own adjective in the comments… <takes a deep breath> – to be beyond insensitive to the point of vulgarity.


EDIT: I have no idea where these empty videos are comming from.  They only seem to show up when I'm using Internet Exploder on other than my usual computer.

No comments: