Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our .gov at work



If “they” can stop We the People from using large swaths of common words it will become difficult – if not impossible – to have a simple conversation.  It’s as if the .gov wants to restrict the free flow of ideas among a free people.  Well, I guess we’ve reached the point where political correctness has worn thin and those who would try to control the dialogue are trying to replace fear of social ostracism with the real fear that the .gov may not take kindly to what we may want to innocently chat about.

Of course we all know that that’s not a bug – it’s a feature.

Well, guess what, guys?

I recently took the initiative to acquire a drill equipped with a vice that will enable me to manufacture a variety of things.  Link Link Link


And I frequently write about the facility I have put in place to mitigate the effects of the power grid going down.  I can now manufacture my own electricity.  I took these steps in response to two incidents where the power grid went down as the result of a natural disaster and all the food in my refrigerator went bad.  Not that any of it might have actually become toxic or anything.  Still, it’s better to avoid possible contamination that could cause food poisoning.  As expensive as all those groceries were, I just threw the stuff out…  The black out lasted eleven and a half days during the first service disruption!  That first disaster was caused by an ice storm.  The second was from an early snow when the trees all still had their leaves.  They are calling it the Halloween Blizzard though I don’t think it was really that bad.  Link Link Link Link

While we’re talking about the weather, we had an interesting lightening storm last night!  There was a warning from the National Weather Service and everything, though I didn’t see anything from the Emergency Broadcast System

And while we’re at it, I only saw the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Maybe I’m spending too much of my time on social media

No comments: