Friday, January 21, 2011

So how’s the weather where you are?


Yesterday there was a dusting of less than half an inch in my driveway.  Not enough to bother with, but perfect for tracking.  There are cats all over my neighborhood.  So there’s nothing unusual about having their tracks in my driveway.  What I found a bit more interesting were the rabbit tracks and the fox.  Unfortunately I didn’t have the time to take any pictures.  I’ll try to do that next time.

This morning there was probably about four inches of fresh powder and about a foot, or maybe more, in the plow berm.  Buried in the berm was a huge chunk of solid ice at least as big as a cinder-block!  I’m glad I didn’t just throw Galileo in reverse and try to blast out through the berm!  There’s no telling how much damage that would have caused!  My new snow scoop shovel handled even the plow berm without much difficulty.  I think it’s actually less of a hassle and quite a bit faster to use that than to run my little electric snow blower.  Got mine at Lowe’s in spite of their web site seeming to indicate that my local store didn’t have any shovels in stock!

No comments: