Friday, December 23, 2011

Central Planning Kommity vs. Free Market



I have friends who seen to think the former might be a good idea.  One in particular I believe would actually like to make someone else responsible for the important decisions in her life.  (If she ever reads this she’ll smack me up side the head for saying so so publicly…)  Being a responsible adult can at times be a little scary.  A bit like walking a tightrope without a net.  But to me the alternative is far more terrifying: having someone else decide where I should work, where I should live, what kind of car I’m allowed to drive (if any at all) -  how I should live my life.

I’m truly glad I had the dumb luck to have been born in the freest nation on Earth!  It saddens me that so many who were likewise blessed would trade that freedom for the illusion of security.

No comments: