Friday, December 2, 2011

E. Jonsson Mora Knife

Same Knife with another New Frog

While it is a very plane Jane utility knife, it's become one of my favorites.  The blade has a double bevel grind where the bit that looks like it should be the cutting grind really is.  Almost all of my other knives are of the double bevel variety with a very short steep grind at the cutting edge.  What looks like it should be the cutting edge grind on those knives is really more like a relief that gets you closer to the final cutting edge. 

For all of it's simplicity, this is one of the sharpest knives you are likely to encounter outside of surgery!

After making the combination frog and flashlight holster I decided to make another more traditional style frog for this knife as well.  We'll see which method of carry gets used more often.


UPDATE: Text heavily revised to correct nomenclature I had originally used incorrectly.  It's all fixed now.  (I hope...)

No comments: