Sunday, July 22, 2012

Three in a row!


Quite a while ago now I read a neat little book called The Curious Incident of the Dog in the NightTime.  It tells the tale of Christopher, a boy with Asperger’s Syndrome, following in the footsteps of his hero Sherlock Holms investigating the rather gruesome killing of a neighbor’s poodle that circumstantial evidence initially lead authorities to believe he had killed.  With a “garden fork.”  The story is told in the first person from Christopher’s point of view.

It’s a really good read especially if you know an Aspie, and it’s not a bad mystery novel either.  Keep in mind, though, that if you meet one Aspie – you’ve met ONE Aspie.  We are all different.

Anyway, one of Christopher’s obsessions centers around his favorite color: red.  He has this personal rule that if while he’s on the bus on his way to school he sees three red cars in a row that means it’s going to be a good day.  Five in a row means it’s going to be a “super good day.”

Like I said: if you meet one Aspie – you’ve met ONE Aspie. 

I’ll let you read the book for yourself.  I think you will enjoy it.

Anywho…  After I read Christopher’s story I made a point to look for Volkswagens, since that’s what I drive most of the time.  I’ve played Punch Buggy since the sixties so I always look for them.  I started looking in particular for Volkswagens on the road in groups of threes.

The really weird thing was that I almost never see ‘three-fers.’  Even more rarely am I actually part of a three-fer.  Since I’ve been driving Punch Buggies myself, whether Galileo or Fritz, I have never been part of a three-fer of punch buggies on the open road. 

Ever!

There was one time in the little industrial park the company I work for used to be in where I was in the rocking chair of a three punch buggy convoy.  But the other two pealed off into the parking lot of the pub that you got to before you left the road that the industrial park was on.  We were three in a row for maybe two hundred yards within the industrial park.  That was the only time I was in a three punch buggy convoy.

Until today…



WOW!  And what’s more – I had my camera with me to document the event!   

WOW cubed to the eleventh power!

Hope you had as good a day as me!

No comments: