Monday, September 26, 2011

A comment I posted at Yahoo! News:


Regarding this story The American 'allergy' to global warming: Why? I had this to say:
Why don't we buy it?  Well, there are glacial erratics all over my neighborhood.  Huge boulders that were deposited by the retreating glaciers at the end of the last ice age.  Frankly, I'd rather you DON'T roll back global warming to the point that my house is under 200 feet of ice.  Thank you very much.

Climate is not static.  It doesn't matter that it would be more convenient for some people (scientists in this case) if it were.  And while I am all for breathing clean air I am NOT for a return to some hippies utopian idea of stone(d) age bliss.
So far the vast majority of comments (well over four thousand when last I checked) were on the side of 'we don't buy it because it's junk science.' 

I suspect this is part of the reason the Legacy Media is so afraid of the free expression of ideas and instant world-wide reach of the internet.  It's really hard to control the dialogue when others who may disagree with you have an equal voice.

No comments: