Monday, December 5, 2011

Government at work…



I may not live in "da schitty o' Boschton" (to quote their mayor), but I have worked there and have occasionally traveled there for reasons other than work.  Never once without a knife in my pocket or on my belt.  I use my knives every day, yet I have never committed a crime with any of them – except by my occasional presence in places where the mere possession of stuff is itself a crime.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

IMHO this is preemption of stupid ordinances of this type at the Federal level and applies to the various States and to the municipalities.  The SCOTUS made that abundantly clear in Heller and MacDonald.

If all those knives that were “confiscated” by the MBTA police were such a problem, why weren’t their owners arrested?  Conversely, if their owners weren’t committing an arrestable offence, why was their property stolen by the transit cops?

The real problem is that these imbeciles are not restricted to the home of the original tea party (circa 1773).  This mentality - or more likely mental condition - is rampant throughout the Commonwealth.

Link via Uncle Ted over on FaceBook.

No comments: