Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My remedy/survival strategy for the common cold:


I don’t have a cold myself at the moment nor do I want one.  A friend mentioned over on Facebook that he was working on getting over a cold, so I commented over there with what I’ve found to give me the best results when I’m fighting off a cold.  Since this could be useful information for others I thought I’d share:

Nyquil/Dayquil per the directions and the clock
Fisherman’s Friend cough drops as desired
(The only real cough drops on the market.  All the others are really just candy, IMHO.  And they also help with nasal congestion.)
Hot tea and chicken soup with lots of broth

And stay warm and as comfy as possible.  And keep reminding yourself that “in time this too shall pass.”  (Which also works for constipation…)

So there you have it.  The HerrBGone approved method of dealing with the common cold. 

It may also help to keep in mind that as miserable as you may be suffering through your cold, you are doing humanity a great service!  By being host to all those tiny microbes that are making you so miserable you are helping their species to survive.  And they will in turn help our species survive come the next Martian invasion!

No comments: